Total Pageviews

Wednesday, June 7, 2017

Famous local celebrity chef Sam Leong @ Forest Restaurant : Equarius Hotel

Recently a friend visited me & she wanted to go Sentosa so, I brought her there. Ok I'm not a fan of Sentosa. I always find it too far, hot & humid. But there's many fine dining there so .... Anyway, I decided to bring her to a restaurant I've not been to before: Forest Restaurant @ Equarius Hotel. 

Another friend drove us there. The entrance into Sentosa is $7- ....hmmm.... maybe to stop everyone from making Sentosa too crowded, & it's working ...lol...  Anyway we found Equarius Hotel, parked & went to the restaurant. We didn't book before hand, lucky for us, it just opened so it's not crowded yet. We chose this place, because it's Famous local celebrity chef Sam Leong first venture into business after he left Tung Lok Group. So I thought must go support a bit lah. I like to support local talents.

I really like the ambience of the place. High ceiling ,very relaxing. The food comes in small interesting portions. Love the appetizers - very good. You can tell he put much thought into each one. Only complain is, it takes too long in between each course. I guess it's fine if the group is there to chit chat & hang out. But if you are in a hurry, you need to remind them to speed it up. We did & sure enough, it's better. However the service staff is not attentive enough, they don't seem to be very experienced. It's certainly hard to find good help these days.

Anyway we get to see Sam Leong cooking through the glass kitchen, which is nice. I think that's him ...haha... Took a few pictures of him :) 
Will I come back again? Sure ,but this time I'll make sure to tell them not to space out each course from the start.
This is the menu.


I like this, foie gras & king crab meat in cone

Tiger prawn is delicious & mushrooms


No comments:

Post a Comment